Sunday, December 2, 2018

Year Three, Almost Free 14: Grandpa and a Busy Week

Hello, Tim.
This week is the first time I’m not really able to write a lot, for this week is my grandfather’s cremation and funeral, which took up a whole weekend.
Maybe I can put some highlights in bullet points and call it a day for this week’s letter?

• There are sixteen days left before our second and final mock test of GSAT, and less than two months before our actual GSAT.

• Christmas is coming! I got a chocolate advent calendar from my cousin and I plan to bring it to school to count down Christmas together.

• The cremation was relatively calm; my grandma, my aunt, and my mother teared up a bit when my grandpa’s body was brought out. A dozen of relatives came for the ceremony.

• A while later, his body was taken to a cremation center. I, the eldest of his grandsons, was in charge of holding the urn that contained his bones.

• Later, his bones will be taken up to a mountain where his urn will be placed in a building reserved for people who were in the army.

This is all I can manage for this week.
As for Christmas, I don’t think we can afford the luxury of the two previous years; the GSAT sits upon us, pressing into our backs like it was a stone with very sharp edges.
This is all for this week.
Sincerely,

Hugo

No comments:

Post a Comment