Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Half Way Out Here, from Senior High: The End of the Tests and a Day of Nothing Better to Do

Breathing out a sigh of relief, I put my pencil and eraser back into my pencil case. I glanced at my watch on my wrist, then at my test papers on natural sciences, and mentally stuck my tongue out at them. There’s only that much I can do about the subject I am never good at. I grabbed all my belongings, pushed my chair back with my legs. I stood up and handed the invigilator my sheets and headed out. Being the last subject of the second day of GSAT, walking out the classroom meaning one thing.
It’s over. For good or for bad, it’s over.

Hello, Tim!
The GSAT is finally over! Good, I’m already running out of ways to describe the test like a vicious beast.
The test results will be out after the Chinese New Year, but the examination center has already given answers to all subjects. I think I did a decent job, considering that the tests were thought to be rather difficult. I didn’t dare to make any guesses since it would be such a disappointment if the results come out worse than my prediction.
Anyhow, the exams are finally over, and we are finally given the freedom we had been hoping for!
I didn’t know what to do.
It is so clichéd! You made so many plans for the future, but when you finally have to chance to do them, you either didn't know from which you should start with, or you aren't under right place for the plan. On the day the test was finished, I went straight with several of my fellow classmates to a barbeque party. We indulged ourselves in conversations relating to the test and our plans for the coming days. After the stomach-filling dinner, I went over to my Grandma's place, where my parents, my aunt, and my uncle were in a game of Mahjong when I arrived.
It was already a tiring day, so I retired to my bed rather early.
The second day was the panicking one. I went for a long stroll on the streets in the morning since I got nothing better to do, but after coming back for lunch, I had nothing else to do other than slouching on the sofa and staring mindlessly at my cell phone screen. There was nothing else to do! I had done the dishes, wiped the tables, and even tried a twenty-minute session of Japanese sitting, which was prompted by a program on TV - needless to say, my feet were so numb I could hardly move properly afterward for more than five minutes. Other than that, I had no other ideas. I have a whole house of chores to do back home, but being there at Grandma's place, staring into the void is the most you can ever do.
This letter is uploaded a bit too late, but it will back on track by the end of the next week.
Sincerely,
Hugo

No comments:

Post a Comment