Tuesday, November 26, 2019

CH1. Life Goes On 25: A Postponement and Feeling Anxious about Schoolwork

Hey Tim!
It was half out of impulse, half out of the desire to finally realize my dream, I visited France for the first time in my life.
I would really like to tell you that here begins the account of my journey, but...



Beaten by Fatigue

There are several key words I am going to illustrate how I came to be so tired. Forty kilometers on foot. Bad sleeping conditions. Excessive luggages. Language switching overload.
Initially I had everything planned out, to write some about my trip on the bus coming back to Heidelberg, rest a bit in the dorm and pick up from where I left off, but everything was a mess when the child name Fatigue decided to break my half-done puzzle apart. By the time the calendar showed Monday, my blog page was still a piece of clean slate.
I guess I have to postpone it until the next week.
One thing to be sure, though, is that none of the exchanges in France was done in English.

End

There are also several factors that led me to the decision to postpone everything: one including the fact that my friends like Johannes and Svitlana are leaving in December and we decided collectively that some longer trips are in order. To make up for the time lost I would have to allocate more time studying. Another reason is that there is a more serious and time-consuming project in which we are asked to write some academic essays on a given topic. I was given a topic that is completely alien to me (and I think most of my classmates feel the same) and even though I have four more weeks before  the deadline, I am already dreading that I will be struggling and failing ultimately, dramatically, and devastatingly. But it is a good thing that I still worry about it, right?
Beef stew risotto gratin; my pre-departure meal.

A big superfluous a breakfast

beef onion soup that took me about two and a half hours in total

Tomato seafood risotto

Pumpkin-flavored spaghetti.

I got new tea, new cup, and new plate; I felt the need to make something that goes well with it.

It happens rarely but it does happen: Me eating out.

You get enough sleep when you're dead.

That was a quote that I just heard not ten minutes ago, putting it up for the record since it is both making sense and totally wrong.

Sincerely,
Hugo

No comments:

Post a Comment