Sunday, February 10, 2019

Spring Break 2: Ended Before it Started and Outing with Grandma

Hello, Tim!
These days have been another kind of challenge. I needed to try to tamp down my lazy spirit and spur my productive one on. It's difficult. However, this week has not a day of mediocrity.

Spring Break is Ending?
Yes! I am also very shocked! We barely had two weeks of rest, and school is to start tomorrow? That was a shoe I wasn't expecting to drop, this big shoe that nearly scared me.
I didn't know what I was hoping for. Maybe that our GSAT is finally over, we get to have extra break time? Unfortunately, that's not going to happen. I just checked our schedule, and I was a bit pacified when I saw that for this semester, we no longer need the extra classes for revision of all subjects, allowing us to finish school an hour earlier than last semester.

Wednesday Outing with Grandma
Since my grandfather passed away, my grandmother has been spending a lot of time alone in a vacant house with no company. Right then, I was still strangled by the upcoming tests, but now I have the time. I stayed at my Grandma's place on Tuesday, and the next day in the morning, I went with her to a nearby manor that once belonged to a Lin family. The people from the family passed away, and their successor decided to make it a tourist attraction. It was strange, given that the manor was literally within walking distance, but my grandmother had never thought of visiting it.
The entrance was rather thin, so I was greatly impressed when we were introduced to an expansive (and expensive as well) view of different traditional houses. There were ponds occupied by a duck or two, moving in the water with peaceful paddles so slight that Grandma thought that they were just some very realistic plastic ducks. Stone-made chairs are set throughout the whole land, and some are even set upon little slopes so that the person taking the seat can look over the whole manor. Boulders are made hollow and into tunnels instead of being moved away. Some hallways were so low that even a petite lady like my grandmother would have to duck a bit to avoid a collision with the low-hanging ceiling.
Walking around the manor set me wondering how long it would take to fetch all the people in the household for meals.





End
It is now ten in the evening, and though there are also things like meeting up with my elementary school classmate who already was agreed with an entry to a university in Kaohsiung, and also about sci-fi movie I was dragged to watch but actually enjoyed, and also my current method of German learning, I still have things undone (i.e. chores) so I am afraid the details would have to be left out.
School starts tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Hugo

No comments:

Post a Comment