Sunday, February 24, 2019

Year Three, Almost Free 23: Miscalculations and Tomorrow

Hello, Tim!
We have six days of class this week, while the extra day was to compensate for the 'flexible holiday' we will have around the February 28th Memorial Day.
Busy as always, but I am, however sadly, unable to recount all the things happening this week.

German Process: Back on Track 

To be granted a visa, the first thing I need to push forward would be my German skills. Last week, I went to Goethe Institut to sign up for the course from where I had left off a year ago but was met by a setback: Since I haven't taken a German course for more than six months, I would have to take a grading test before I have a say in terms of which grade I would like to study in. I knew that it was necessary for the school, but anxiety soon plagues me like a swamp of gloomy mist undeterred by any sort of wind; undispellable. It indeed was true that I haven't been polishing my German AT ALL during the exam -preparing period while I was nonetheless listening to French music.
I had little time for German preparation, but I tried everything I had. I turned the pages of my textbooks to scan through all the words that I was once acquainted with but could no longer remember. Then I picked up the German children's books I got at a second-hand bookstore and tried to translate it and understand the whole context.
Since I really don't have much time left, I can only say that I got better results than I initially thought and successfully picked up right from when I left the Institut.
The courses start tomorrow, Monday. It isn't going to be easy, but I would have to pull through.

Tomorrow

Aside from the coming German classes, tomorrow is a dreadful day.
Our GSAT scores will be out tomorrow.
Tomorrow, we will see how well we did in the tests.
Tomorrow, the scores will determine if I am even eligible to apply for a school in Germany.
Tomorrow, the others will see if they should continue with their personal statement preparation or just pick up the books again and study for the test in July.
Tomorrow is a combination of atrocious things.
Why does it have to come?

End

Today was also when the middle school reunion of mine took place. My plan was to write my blog once I got from the event, but I got a call from Mom that I was to head for Eliza's place and have dumplings for dinner. At length, we got home rather late, and I only had this much time to finish my blog, meaning that the letter for this week ends here.
reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment