Sunday, April 21, 2019

Year Three, Almost Free 31: Ten-Minute Challenge and What a Short Letter

Hello, Tim!
This still managed to be an incredible whirlwind of a week. Lots of emotions around different events.
But since I really haven't got much time reserved for this week's letter (mostly because I really am not granted a choice) I figured this could be a great 10-minute challenge, namely I get to write as much as I can in ten minutes.
Without further ado, time starts... now!
Okay. SO there were tons of things I want to elaborate on, but firstly, I want to talk about the funeral and the incineration of my second uncle.
He was a fisherman for over three score years, but last week we got the news of how his boat tumbled due to some horrible weather, and when he was found, his heart had stopped beating already. My uncle was from my mother's side, which is a family of ten or so siblings. Of course, my family was devastated, and that was when I thought bitterly that this is just going to be sadder and sadder. I know that my mother is a person with a spirit made of iron, but at times like this, she still needed comfort with her family. In this age where people are having fewer and fewer children, people are just going to get lonelier.
I don't know a lot about my uncle, but the story of how he was caught in an accident and was imprisoned in China for more than a year was told a dozen times at the family dining table. He was said to be a tough person shouldering the burden of nourishing a family of five by earning solely from fishing.
He was loved by his siblings, and that is the universal truth.

Then comes the story of my last interview for colleges in Taiwan. The interview was split into three parts, and the three professors from either part kept showing great interest in regards to this blog, which made me largely at ease since I just have to tell roughly the same story for three times, occasionally adding more information. So yeah, I have a good feeling that I'll be accepted.

Ten minutes have just passed.
Man, I really hoped that I still have the time to mention my personal statement for Germany which nearly drove me crazy, but I think this is all for today. Tomorrow will not be any different. German class, more personal statement refining, and I also have to ask Summer about my recommendation letter. Also, I have a computer sciences report due Wednesday.
If you excuse me for a minute, I would like to leave the desk and just yell into a pillow.

Yours sincerely,
Hugo

No comments:

Post a Comment