Monday, July 8, 2019

CH1: Life Goes On 5: Website Failure and Emotions Wiped Away

Hello, Tim!

I.....
I have been typing this blog post for three hours already. Three hours.
Then the worst thing to a blog keeper happened.
The website reloaded and cleared all my text.
I was writing about my cousin Eliza's scores and was almost getting a bit too emotional and then,
it was gone.
It is one thirty in the morning and after all the emotions I had put into words I just felt like running out on the empty streets, hit by the oppressive, sultry heat, AND SHOUT.
It is useless, I know, and I certainly don't have the time to try to remember and rewrite the whole chunk, and in order to get as much sleep as possible, I am going to write the whole thing before two.

First, I talked about the book I read for this week, Naomi Novik's Uprooted, a new take on the fairytale-like setting with a malicious wood that contaminate all living beings. The protagonist was taken to a magician's tower to learn that she was born with powers that are fit to fight against the woods. I then talked about how the story promoted female individualism and feminism by enabling the protagonist and the female secondary character to save themselves and make their own decisions that turned out to be a relatively better solution, and I think it is notable that it was unprecedented that  the plots were actually packed with actions and was enjoyable and something new to read from a fairytale-like story. I also talk about the name of the book and its relationship not only to the reference of the dark woods but also how Agnieszka, the main character, was deprived of a normal life when she was sent away as a tribute.

Moving on to the next and the emotional paragraph.
I first recounted Angela and my visit to several of my classmates who went to take their final test for college entrance, and babbled about how long they have been fighting temptation knowing that their friends have been outside all along and doing whatever they like when the could only sulk around with the pressure of the test coming. I think that they fought not only the subjects but also the temptation to chuck everything away and battled like valiant knights.
Then came the sad part.
Eliza's score of her college entrance came out yesterday, and it was not as good as expected. It might have lost her the ticket to her dream university but I wouldn't want to ask her about it no matter how well I am familiar with this sort of disappointment, knowing that all the response I am going to get from her would be "a smiling mask ghosting across her real disposition, a mask that I am too familiar with". I made it clear that I am not feeling sorry for myself at the moment, for my primary concern now is for her. I also thought that the smarter and more considerate her would know what to do or say, if our roles were reversed. I just really hope the best for her, judging  how hard she had worked no matter how smart she is.

It is 1:53 and I am about done SUMMARIZING my letter which I poured my heart and my gastric acid into.
I still feel like scream no matter how likely it is to attract the police and making me the funniest piece of news for breakfast time. I JUST DON'T WANT TO CARE.

I'll try to recover the whole text when I feel like to.

Sincerely,
Hugo

p.s. Is there a proper word to describe my anger now? I don't think the scale of the word "infuriated" would fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment