Saturday, March 25, 2017

Happy Holidays I: First extra Letter and More about my Fractured Bone

Hey, Tim, me again:)
Thank you for your reply some times ago!
About my back, yes, it is fractured, but nothing is swelling. It hurts so much that I once tried a painkiller (not a big fan of those stuff) but it didn't work!

On Wednesday, I had to issue a medical leave from school for two periods, just to go to another hospital to check if I would have to do a surgery. The doctor said that what I have is not unusual; spondylolysis, is when you have a fracture on your vertebral arch, and some bones (not sure of which) are mislocated and as it pressures some of the nerves systems, patients with this symptom experience pain in the legs as well.
That is the reason why I feel pain the moment when I stand up, which made it such an ordeal going to school. I even have to use a luggage case to carry my books!
Also, the doctor said that he would discuss with other doctors if it was fine to do surgery right now.
Ah, and test is coming, so I have to go now. Sorry if the writing isn't THAT organised.
A bone pun for myself when I want to just lie on bed so my back and leg won't hurt so much:
Can I have my good back back? :):):)
Have a nice weekend, Tim!
Best wishes, Hugo, 3/25/2017

1 comment:

  1. Hugo,
    At this point, the most important thing is for your back to get better. No basketball, no lifting, even try to avoid bending over as much as possible. Lot at the bright side: You now have a medical excuse to be a "couch potato". Take advantage of that. Lay on a very comfortable couch, do a lot of reading, watch some TV and movies, and otherwise take best advantage of what is a painful condidtion.

    Good luck on your tests.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete