Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Letter 28: Annual Performance and My Loving Second Home

  Hello, Tim! It has been two weeks! There were so many things that had happened that I have no spare time to write on the weekends...



  Since I don't have THAT much time, I'll first give a quick run-through of these two eventful weeks.
So first, for the fist three days of our dragon boat festival, we went to school despite the given holidays, for the rehearsals for the grand performance; then fast-forward to Friday, where we all gave our best and finished the whole event almost perfectly. For the celebration, William's generous parents bought us pizza and we got a whole patch of drinks from Ms. Summer. Then, we handed out our reading reflection of the book The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time a little too near the deadline. And today I went to the Eslite bookstore (for the second time in seven days).
That was impressively eventful for a mere two weeks? Right?

  Now for the details.

  Our roles for the annual performance, of which you might have heard already, are mainly in charge of the spotlights, the sound effects, lights controlling and hosting. None of which were easy work; instead they were a toil and drained us severely that we were all on the verge of dozing off during the first school day after the performance.
  Allison, Aubrey, Candy, Red, William and I were responsible for the hosting. By hosting, it was more like small acts between the shows, for the purpose of entertaining the audience. Red, Candy and I were in a team. We brought out a small story of Priest Hank Freeman(me) hosting the wedding ceremony of Arlen(Red) and Camille(Candy), but it turned out to be a murder scheme planned to kill Camille so the priest and the groom can get married. As weird as it was, the audience liked it fairly well. When we heard the laughter of the audience, when we got applauded by the flooding sound of claps, and especially during the curtain call, I saw the smile of the teachers in the front row, the grin from my classmates and the seniors, the smirks from their parents, I got a feeling; the feeling I got when the singing competition took place. Just more intense. It was an odd mixture of pride and revelation for the coming sorrow; proud of the whole big family, proud that I got to witness the beauty of EHP and be a part of it. Sorrowful for the coming parting, and the remains days are slithering themselves out of the barest creaks between our fingers. I just can't help it! Seeing the seniors spilling and shedding joyful tears, hugging and screeching with pure happiness after the performance, I want to have the same experience, the same performance with the EXACT  same group of people! It was a serene night that day, comparing the large raging storm in the morning and the previous days then. I smiled, and wiped away my inner tears; happy times are like books: tears and water aren't supposed to be involved, or they will cringe even though it dries. Leave no regrets!

  Thank you for informing Cindy to come to our performance! Though neither Melvyn nor I have the chance to talk to her before the whole event ended. The snacks she brought really was nice! THANK YOU, CINDY!

  For the reading report, I believe all of us had uploaded ours onto the blogs, you can find mine here.
Speaking of reading reports, I am thinking about posting something new on my other blog, which is the reading report I wrote in 2016, It was initially planned to be sent to a book report contest, but we found that I wrote the whole The Little Prince like an analysis rather than a reflection. Therefore, I used the book report of Loser instead. Since there are no other places I can put it, I think I'll just upload it onto my blog, and the link is right here.

  Today, I went to my beloved bookstore once more. It literally felt like paradise, embosomed by the intoxicating scent of books. I love books, and that would never ever change. Time moved on really fast, an hour had already passed as I gave the shelves one last longing glance and went for dinner.
Alone.
Okay, it's not really that bad. Not that miserable :D

Strange. I felt like I still have got a lot to talk about, but now I don't remember....
Therefore, it is PUN TIME


OH WAIT! NOW I remember what I am missing! The pictures of the performance!!!
Awesome crew

Awesome crew as well

not-so-stationary statue

Aubrey&Allison hosting

William&Candy hosting

Red, Candy and I hosting

dead bride& propsing groom

Aubrey, Allison, and William hositng

curtain call

Picture taken with Cindy

Goodnight!
Best Regards, Hugo
6/7/2017

1 comment:

  1. Hugo,
    Another great job by class 120! Congratulations to all of you, and thank you for labeling the pictures.
    If you are going to be in this class next year (and I hope you are) it will be important that you and the other "old" class members work with the "new" students to get every one off to a good start. If this year was good, next year could be even better!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete