Friday, June 16, 2017

Letter 29: The Lame Weather in Taiwan and the Reveal of Birthday Present for Classmate

  Hello, Tim! Hope the weather over your place is better than ours because the storms right here are drowning us!



  Okay, that was a little bit of exaggeration. However, it was not just the continual and continuous rain here that's bothering us, we also got a humidly hot air sticking around the whole day, and it was the oppressive hotness I can't handle. Oh, and there were also thunders here and there. Fortunately, I have always been quite fond of the rumbling roars of the raging sky.
The weather these days set me into thinking of the weather in England when I arrive at England. According to the app on my phone, it was like 15~25 degrees Celcius over there in London, Wonder what the weather will be like in July...

  I am really looking forward to the camp I am going to join in England since this is the first time in forever I can really set my foot out of my house and visit an English speaking country. The twenty-one-day trip is going to be memorable and I know it!

  After I come back, maybe there will be a trip with Melody, Candy, and William and Aubrey? They haven't worked out the details yet, so we'll see.
  Also, I'm thinking about doing some charity work in August because I can't think of other activities that are more productive. I want to see people from all walks, and I think through participating the process of the activities, I can understand how much effort it takes to take part in society.
  No matter what I will be doing this summer, I will make sure it is a busy and eventful one!

  Oh, and by the way, Candy's birthday is just around the corner! Just a small problem: Her birthday is on Sunday. We got an easy solution though: I'll hand her her present on Friday! (in a small voice) I bought her a novel based on Beauty and the Beast, and a mini figurine of Belle. You know, her being a big fan of Beauty and the Beast (I am, too!). Just hope that she doesn't come to my blog today or the surprise is ruined. Don't tell her yet, please. :D

  And about your comment last week...
  OF COURSE I AM NOT LEAVING! I remember it was the EHP program alone that drove me into the routine of commuting over two hours to and fro my house and school. Otherwise, I could have chosen a school within a five-minute-walking distance. Becoming a member of the EHP program is one of (the few) choices I had made and never regretted! There are no words (or maybe there are, but I have yet learned) to describe how much EHP has brought me so far, and I couldn't have been more grateful to be taught by all the teachers in my class, and of course, you. You are also a teacher of our class, and thank you, for giving us the opportunity to see places outside Taiwan without actually going abroad.

  Have to stop right here now. Have a nice week, Tim.
Or let me make your week better...
WITH PUNS!


Best regards,
Hugo
6/16/2017

1 comment:

  1. Hugo,
    A great letter, as i have come to expect. I didn't realize that you were making such an effort to go to ZZHS. I'm glad that it's worked out for you.

    I would love to read about your adventures over the summer. You can write to me at:
    tdmaher08@gmail.com

    I will still be writing the newsletters, and posting them on the other website, so I will always look forward to your comments,

    I know that it's going to be another great year next year, and I look forward to doing this again.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete