Sunday, March 10, 2019

Year Three, Almost Free 25: Rest and a Search for Solitude

Hello, Tim!

These days are getting more and more confusing. No. Confusing isn't the word. Blurrier.
You wake up at six in the morning. You get the coffee machine running, and brush your teeth.
You pack up, you head for school, and you study. You get back from school, and if it's Monday or Wednesday, you have to head for a three-hour German class and get dressed for bed. And then it goes around again. Weekends aren't much better when too often there will be too many activities involved I don't even have time for a piece of my mind for myself.
Oh, how I long that.

What I Want Right Now
It has been raining for seven consecutive days already, and while I'm more a rain person instead of a sun person, the constant stormy clouds are wearing off on me. I would picture myself in the rain with nothing as my possession, sitting with my arms held around my knees, alone on a grass field. There should be no other people around, nor should any sort of human-built structure exist. The raindrops would fall on the blades of grass, which wouldn't be able to hold the weight of the rain. The grass would allow passage to the drops, gliding them to hit the soil. The peripheral would smell of the grassy wet dirt, which is a pleasant smell to me. I wouldn't have to mind the things going around me, as all there would be would be grass. I would lie down regardless of the muddy ground, and I would face the sky with a tranquil smile.
I'm looking for peaceful solitude, one this vision was able to give me.
Maybe I can put that in my schedule next week.
When the awful loop of tight schedule will be over I have no idea, but I guess in order to write a more detailed account of the week, I would have to move my time of blog writing forward.

This is, unfortunately, the end of this week's letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment