Sunday, May 5, 2019

Year Three, Almost Free 33: Bullet Points and More Ranting

Hello, Tim!
This has been another week.
Yes.
A week has a new definition, and it is anything buy easy-paced and slow-going.
I thought I had saved up enough time for more letter writing, but things just kept coming up and I couldn't even handle myself without feeling dizzy.
Therefore, I had to shamefully use the bullet point format to recount this week.

- I almost didn't make it into the German proficiency test. I sent an e-mail with the proper form along with the scanned files of my passport, and I was denied entrance at first because they said I sent too many unnecessary files. But then I thought that this test was the last one before my application for Germany has to be mailed, so I kept calling the desk and finally, they relented since at least I got one of the forms correct. What a relief!

- I just spent the whole day creating my CV for Germany application. It was not supposed to be my job, considering that we had paid the agency, which told us that this would be included in their services. They did make a version of the CV, but it was not entirely.... pleasing to the eye. The arrangement was in fact, quite chaotic, and it was a mess, and a catastrophe for me as well because I had to finish this CV in a day. It was exhausting.

- Yesterday, I went to my second ever IELTS test. I took it because we hope that if I get a score higher than 7.5, presumably 8 or 8.5, I would grant me a higher chance to differentiate myself with the other German University applicants.

These are the three major events of the week, and I hope that next week I will be able to sit idly at a desk with a cup of coffee in my hand and type casually on my laptop.
Scratch that, the worse is yet to come, I am afraid.

Sincerely,
Hugo

No comments:

Post a Comment