Thursday, April 13, 2017

Letter 22: Bookstores and Bookstores (For the Books) (Obviously...)

Hello, Tim!
  This had been a busy but utterly beautiful week!


  On Sunday, right after I had finished my math tutor lesson, Mom and I went to a department store for a Japanese style bookstore called Tsutaya. To be fair, it isn't really packed with endless shelves of books, but with a lot of other products like pens or other stationery. Also, the design of the building is one of its attractions. Simple but embellished with graceful touches, it feels calm just being in that bookstore (and the faint smell of the books are as well doing its tricks) I bought one book in the end, "And then There Were None" by Agatha Christie, a detective & suspense novel by a well-known author.
Tsutaya Bookstore

The interior designs

Book and coffee- perfect combination.

  Right after my mom and I had a nice coffee at the cafe, she left for home as I head for a larger bookstore nearby.
  It has a lot of English novels, and I was just there, sauntering around, aimlessly, picking up a random choice of books and see if there are something that seems interesting to me. It ended up with me with painful legs(because of my back) after two and a half hours of walking with two books in my hands.
  This is the kind of the little things that makes your life happier...
Touring site II 

artwork display in the bookstore

I didn't want to leave...


  About the basketball tournaments, you can see that I never follow any sort of sports, but it was still somehow intriguing, trying to pick out the winner, even though all of them are some random guesses.

  I did say I was going to talk about the story of Cupid and Psyche, and I did! I really did! In fact, I've set up another blog just to keep that: Literature & Mythology *dramatic applause* and I think from now on, I'll just keep those things over there since I've always wanted to share those stories with those who are also interested in reading.


  Pun time :)




  Man... without the story right here it looks like a short passage, doesn't it? But this is all for this week.

  See you!
Best regards,
Hugo, 4/13/2017

1 comment:

  1. Hugo,
    Your letters are getting much more conversational, and therefore, more interesting to the average reader. Good work! Keep it up!
    How is the back? Do you have to wear a brace of some kind? Did the doctors warn you about heavy lifting, running, or things like that? When is the next time that you'll have it x-rayed?

    Tim

    ReplyDelete