Thursday, April 27, 2017

Letter 24: Splendid Music Competition and Eternal Friendship

  How are you, Tim?

  Everything today is so amazing! You probably have heard, you probably haven't, but please keep on reading.

  Today is Wednesday, and it is the day of our singing competition. I was nervous because I have always suffered from stage fright. We were the eighth class on stage, and my feet were wobbly and unstable. But I saw the classmates around me: Aubrey, visibly nervous, but conducting with her own elegance; Buzz, who isn't a stranger to stages, was gracefully flying his hand across the blacks and whites, melodic tunes flowing out from the piano; the collective fellow classmates singing with determination. I know, that singing this sentimental song was the right choice.
  By the time they were giving out the rewards, I feel like the whole class was having a mutual thought: We are going to make it. Even before the fist place was announced, we were twitching and grinning from ear to ear, ready to give one big shriek of joy when our class was called.
  The world was deaf to me. People were screaming and hugging, buoyant with the victory we just achieved. I had no memory of what I did, but sure as I was in the cheering with the family I've known for a year.
This is us and our proud faces
We might be small in numbers, but our spirits are way much bigger!


  Tim, do you know that this is the last year of new EHP students?
  I don't know, this just sounds too sad for me. I look at the once strangers whom I call my dear friends, and I see their victorious smiles when two more awards were given to Aubrey and Buzz respectively, for the amazing conducting and accompaniment. The previous stuff we went through as a unit of class: from the latest basketball tournament to the Halloween candy giving, from the night of The Addams Family to the lovely school fair. Then I thought of the things I've done with some individual classmates: The Assassin's Creed movie I went to watch with William and Buzz, the French courses Candy, Melody and I still go to, the international book fair I went to with Buzz, the photo stories I've made with Angela, the small hosting at the English drama contest with Allison and Samuel, and the winter camp where I look after kids with Doris, her sister, and her friends, the essay project I completed with Melvyn and Willaim.... It only took less than a year to form the precious memories, just think how many of these we would miss out on if EHP weren't to exist.
  After this semester, our class will part. I'll stay in EHP, and so are some of them. We all have our paths chosen, and they all lead us to different places. How I don't want this beauty to end, how I wish not to wake up from this perfect dream...but life moves one at the urge of Time.
  Nonetheless, it is really an honor that I can know these playfully talented people.
  This is a day I would always cherish from this day forth, I swear.
puns for late nights


Best wishes,
Hugo, 4/26/2017

1 comment:

  1. Hugo,
    Your description of the singing contest, from the point of view of a participant, was excellent! You should go back to one of your oldest letters, and see how your writing has changed (improved)
    They're breaking up Class 120? Do you know which of your classmates from this year will also be with you next year? I agree. I think that all of you have had a very good year, with a lot of memorable experiences. But don't panic. Many of this year's class will still. be your friends next year, plus you'll make a lot of new friend from your new classmates. I get the impression that this has been a good year for your personal, emotional growth.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete