Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Greetings, England- Day 16: Working since Brunch and One Last Slope

What a morning!
It was 9:30 when I woke up since I had forgotten to set the alarm for weekends. Today I had no plans, so it didn't really matter.
However, I needed to soothe my empty stomach, didn't I? Therefore, I trudged myself up to Summertown and tried to hunt myself some brunch (figuratively, of course).
I ended up in a diner called "Joe's Bar & Grill", where I shyly asked for a table for one (well, this is the first time ordering in a restaurant on my own...)
The interior of the diner was relaxing, to say the least. There were a lot of people inside, but it wasn't noisy. Quiet jazz played in the background, in rhythm with the waiters' roaming around, taking orders and delivering dishes.
After what seemed like an eternity of deciding what to take, I chose a set that looked like a normal British breakfast, with scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, bread, and sausages. I also asked for a cup of Americano.

This is probably the most relaxing morning I had had for a while!
Oh, and there was one thing that I hadn't mentioned. I brought my laptop with me, just to start with the essay I was supposed to finish by the end of today.
My brunch was awesome, although a bit salty, and I got a not bad start-off for my essay. I wanted to make my essay persuasive, and I really have to make good choices on my words.
Then I spent more than three hours in my room being unproductive. 
I was tired! And lazy... 
This had to stop, I decided. So I went to Sugar House, the food center of St. Clare's, to get some drinks, food, and the motivation to be productive. Wow, food really does have an influence on mind work because right in Sugar House, I had finished an 80 percent of the composition! By the time for dinner, I, with a satisfied smile, pressed the "send" button.
Much to my surprise, I got my reply from Ms. Sophie right after I finished dinner, saying that she would take a look at it tomorrow.
I just realized that I haven't been talking about my roommate a lot. It's not like I don't like him, he is nice and I like him pretty much, just that I don't have many chances of mentioning him.
His name is Francisco, and he is from Spain. He has two sisters and one brother. He was really polite on the first and second day, so I had a really nice first impression of him. But after the second day, he proves that he could be annoying and pranking if he wants to. A trouble maker, to be more precise. Fifteen years old he is, but more responsibility should be seen in a guy like his age. Otherwise, he is a really nice guy.
Today marks the end of the second week of my life in St. Clare's, and even though I miss my home, miss Taiwan dearly, I wish not to go back so soon! 

Alas, like every roller coaster does, an excitement must have an ending. But there is one more big lump ahead of me, the ride isn't finished yet. 
No way am I not going to enjoy the thrill of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment