Thursday, July 20, 2017

Greetings, England- Day 18: A Peek into the Weston Library and Some T-shirt Buying

Today, between classes, Sophie said that someone in the admission office wanted to have a chat with me. It was about the essay I wrote, she said, he only wanted to have a casual talk.

Okay, I don't know what "casual" means in this case, but I believe it had to be something like asking me to come and study at St. Clare's. I mean absolutely no offense because this school really is an awesome place, but I have my school back in Taiwan, my family is back in Taiwan, along with the ones I like, the ones whom I care for, I just don't think if I can just leave them behind now. Let's see what comes tomorrow.
After class, when I wander a little mindlessly into the center of Oxford, to the Weston Library when I noticed something off: The gates were open! I was planning to buy T-shirts for my parents and go straight back to my dorm, but my plans were changed in that split second. I tried to reign in my excitement as I was finally able to go inside the library for a glimpse. 
After a few photos were taken...
Came the announcement that we had to leave.
...
Well, look on the bright side, I finally got to have myself inside the place I have been trying to get myself in since day one. It had a wide interior, with a cafe on your left upon entrance. Walking in deeper into the corridor, we can see exhibitions and an ancient dorm that leads you to the books section, but I wasn't sure if anyone can easily get inside. Couldn't say I was content, but it was enough for my appetite.


I didn't spend much time picking out T-shirts, though. Because of some foreplanning, I picked out the simple but classic type for my mom and dad, and one with all the symbols and names of every university in Oxford, including Wadham, Magdalen, Balliol, Kebel, etc. The mentioned ones are the ones I had been to, and if this shirt came with a checklist, I would have marked them with a tick, while the remaining ones would have become goals for the next time.
It made me a little bit melancholy now, looking at the roads I have come to know a little better of. I would LOVE to stay for a little longer, but I also missed the crowded roads and the sidewalks, the traditional markets and the cars in Taiwan. Curse my contradicting soul...


I am going to miss.... Where do I start with? (sob sob)
There are so many places I wanted to go to. Maybe I would have to save it for the next time.
I  am still thinking what to do on the last day, a.k.a Friday since we have to leave the room by 10:00 in the morning on Saturday. On Friday, I have an excursion to the Covent Garden, and when I get back, I would want to visit The University Parks again, so as to mark the ending of this thrill of a roller coaster ride. My mind is so filled with heavy thoughts that I cannot form proper sentences to describe my emotions. So many things I knew I would miss, but I had no idea where I should start recounting. These chaotic sentiments had been swirling around my mind for a while now. I hope to come back again soon, though pretty unlikely.
I want to sulk in this feeling a little bit longer.
This is all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment