Friday, August 3, 2018

Summer Vacation Day 31: Being Late and New Tiles

Hello, Tim!
Yesterday night, Dad called and said he would be back home in the midnight.

7/30, Monday
Since it would be about one or two in the midnight when he arrived home, he told us not to stay up and wait for him. Therefore, I didn’t see him until I woke up on the next day. At 6:15.
6:15.
What a terrible time to wake up. Why?
During the summer course, Candy and I often agreed to meet at the metro station, seven o’clock, for breakfast for school, and one day, she asked if I could have breakfast meetings every day before I moved, and of course, I said yes.
The last metro I can take without being later than 7:00 is the one coming at 6:19, while the metro after that would make me twenty minutes late (Metros normally follow a fixed schedule). That was an awful thing since this means Candy wouldn’t want to wait for me and would be heading to school on her own. I normally am not a running-late kind of person, but recently, with the moving and the school, the blog, and the leisure activities going on, I can sleep in on occasions that are quite important. Candy, unexpectedly, didn’t sound happy when I told her I couldn’t make it in time, and that made me feel guilty and antsy all the way to school.
I was relieved when she was still friendly at school.
Today, people came to our new house to put down the plastic planks, and my dad would also be there, which would be the first time my dad seeing the house.
When I first saw the house, the floors were just the most normal tiles you can see in old houses, and I was just sitting in the corner, staring at the tiles, nonplussed. I was glad that the planks are set.
Before & after.
 

Small changes make big differences.


Though we all knew it, the new tiles do look like wood, and it feels nice when walking on it. What’s better, it is a kind of material that is designed to withstand scratching and towing. When my dad was moving the fridge and the large cupboard around, trying to make different changes to the placements of the furniture, I was really afraid that we would have to repair the damaged tiles on the first day is was installed- but there were absolutely no scratches on it!
Just a few days more, and I would be living here.

This is all for today.

2 comments:

  1. Hugo,
    Don't worry! I;m still reading all of your postings. Our summer school is just finishing so I have a lot of grading to do.
    I like the new flooring. You'll have to do a "photo essay" when you get all moved in and settled.
    I'm sorry that you won't be able to go to school with Candy after you move, but it's nice that you'll have other school friends in your new neighborhood.
    Will you still catch the train to school after you move?

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim,
    Sure thing about the photos! It'll be here soon!
    No, I won't be catching metros anymore; It's a time for catching buses :D
    And being so close to school gave me an ultimate choice, which is walking to school. (Maybe I'll do that someday. Preferably not during summer, but winter? I'm game!)
    Hugo

    ReplyDelete