Saturday, August 4, 2018

Summer Vacation Day 32: Rooftop and Mom

Hello, Tim!
Today is the last day of July!

7/31, Tuesday
Yesterday in the afternoon, I suddenly decided to visit the roof of our building.
It didn’t sound weird until I started the sentence ‘I have never been on the rooftop of this building since we have moved here for three years and a half.’
With this notion in mind, I, impulsively, stood up from the mat I was lying on watching TV, and headed for the elevator, with which my mother came along. Dad, however, was unaffected by my sudden enthusiasm of taking a look at the roof floor, remained the same pose he had had on the couch for over an hour with eyes glued to the television.
Our building has twenty-one stories, while the bottom twenty hold residents. The roof was just normal as any other rooftops you can find on an average apartment: unfurnished, dusty, cement walls and basic tiles for the floors are stained unevenly by the visits of rains. 

Selfie with Mom!

What really mattered, was the view. It was just the Xindian River, the very one we can see from our window every day, every time. During one typhoon, we saw it flooding, flowing with an over-excessive amount of muddy water. It is also the river along which I had twice biked.

I like the river, and this is the first river that has ever meant so much to me.
Today is also my mom’s last day working at the 7-11. It is too bad that we had to move during a time when Mom is having both a sense of achievement and fun when I am supposed to have my head buried in books (it wasn't like I was studying all that much, though), but that is just life.
Here is a picture of Mother at work.

 


This is all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment