Saturday, August 18, 2018

Summer Vacation Day 43: Rain and Chair

Hello, Tim!
It’s Sunday. The most thrilling thing of the day was…
A chair.

8/12, Sunday
This morning, like any regular Sundays, is math tutor time.
Since my new home is just too far out of reach for my teacher, who lives near to my previous place, we now had to arrange meetings at McDonald’s every time for classes.
To be honest, I like the studying environment in McDonald’s more than that in my house because when in a solitude of the house, you don’t have a lot of things to pay mind to during classes. That normally means that you get to be more focused, but in my case, I would be even more distracted. I don’t like it when my surroundings are too simple. When people are talking around me, with the clings of bottles and the crumpling of papers, I won’t feel the need to doze off. If the change of venue of courses means anything, I think I would be able to concentrate more.

An hour after leaving Xindian, I was back in Shilin (where my current house is located in.) These days, the rains were just relentless, especially in the afternoons. The rain, as I walked out of the metro station, was just a little drizzle, like small needles piercing through the air occasionally. I reached into my bag and grabbed my umbrella, just barely in time to meet… the downpour. THAT really escalated quickly, as the velocity of the drop-shaped rain was able to rebound from the ground and hit the fabric of my pants. It was such a decision of foresight that I bring my umbrella with me whenever I go out these days.
It was pouring,

After I got home, my mom and I started setting up the chair we got from IKEA yesterday. We spent twenty minutes, not to figure out the manual of the chair, but just to figure out how exactly we were supposed to use the tools in our toolbox. We knew how to put up the chair like it was supposed to but without a proper tool. We do have a wrench, but the toolbox didn’t come with a user’s manual, and the one we had does not look like a regular wrench, so we had no idea how to screw the nuts and bolts together.
This is a shopping that ended us up with two packages of cookies and a chair.

Mom then took out another tool from our drawer, a small oval-shaped object with a variety of folded tools. Mom gave up on figuring that out. There apparently was a part that is designed for different sized of nuts and bolts, but it wasn’t until another ten minutes had passed had I finally understood the correct use of the simplified wrench. As it turned out, the one small object proved itself far more useful than the whole box of tools.

It had been fun, though

Is the more always the merrier?

Sometimes one can make a party just fine.

Extra: Mom mopping the floor.

This is all for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment