Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Summer Vacation Day 10: Biking and Sightseeing

Hello, Tim!
This is the tenth day of my summer vacation. Seven more days later, I will be going back to school for our summer revising program (mandatory, sadly saying). The amazing thing I did happen in the evening.

7/8, Sunday
The morning was a hardship itself. I woke up early only to face my math tutor. The revising of math was still going on, and there were some of the formulas and the concepts of this class I had trouble cracking.
Time passed by after the class, and an impulsive idea rushed to me when Mom came home from work.
I wanted to go biking.
I remembered looking down on my round, fat-inflated belly (I am only exaggerating), and I was reminded of the time when I was roaming on the streets of Oxford restlessly for a countless amount of time last year at the same time. My lifestyle in England evidently differs from the one I am living now.
I then thought that this could be one of those last chances I would have to have a bike route so beautiful and so near to my house, since, we will be moving. I want to go and do all sorts of things to bond with this place a bit more. After getting Mom’s permission, I headed out to one of those U-Bike rentals and rode it all the way to the bike route and started appreciating anything that came into my sight.
Before leaving; I kind of proved that even if you only have your selfie camera functioning, you can still get some nicely-taken photos.

Coming out for biking was a right decision made.
The sun was already setting, dyeing some clouds and the surface of the river a shade of sunset red. I rode along the asphalt for pedestrians and bikers only. With no music playing on my cell phone, I started singing and taking in the view.
There is a one-man band called Owl City, and his music is just the love of my life. All the poetic and reverie-inducing lyrics, the soft and iconic electronic melodies with which I resonate are what I listen to when I am feeling different kinds of emotions. No matter what music I listen to, however wide my liking to music is, it all eventually winds back to Owl City.
I was singing all the Owl City songs I know the lyrics of as I rode past the dog park in which a Labrador was chasing after the stick thrown by its owner; I sped past when I saw the instant a kid dropped his peanut-flavored popsicle on the ground with another popsicle in his other hand; my bike glided under a bridge as a poodle walked in front of its owners, who were chatting; I was on a straight road as the roadside lamps lit up all at once, blinking into life; I looked at the glowing red etched in the clouds fade away as evening claimed the stage in the sky. The lights were shining brightly in the distant, and even the Taipei 101 could be seen from where I rode to.
Some pictures I took when I stopped for drinking.

Gorgeous.

Being alone doesn't always feel lonely; it's actually serene.

I am so going to miss this place.

After roughly an hour (and some adequate perspiration and the following hydration), I decided it was the time to make my way back. Just to check how far I went, I went to Google Map, only to find out I was actually in Guting already! That was about ten kilometers from home!
I made my way back to the place where I set off, making my biking distance somewhere below twenty kilometers. I believe when I was younger, my mom, dad, and I covered a longer distance, and if given the chance, I would be more than willing to keep going, but I promised my mother I’d only be out for two hours; I would love to try for a longer distance before the school starts.
Let’s hope I would still be able to walk tomorrow.
This is all for today.




No comments:

Post a Comment