Sunday, July 29, 2018

Summer Vacation Day 27: Heat and Maps

Hello, Tim!
Today, Mom told me to head for Sophie’s and Aiden’s house because she would be there taking care of the boy.

7/25, Wednesday
Leaving school at noon has begun to feel like torture. The sun, casting its ‘loving warmth’ upon the land is supposed to be something that invokes a love for nature, something that reminds you of the tranquil and slow-paced rural life that makes you want to un-hasten your speed and just soak up the temperature. Well, I am certain it was nothing like that! Soybean-sized drops of sweat rolling down my neck, the tip of my nose, everywhere, and none of that part can be compensated by the occasional soft breeze going by. I didn’t want to walk slowly; I wanted to rush all the way to the house.
Sophie was at her summer programs, so my mom only had Aiden to look after. Their new house was as big as their last one, all well-furnished. The multiple rooms gave them three for bedrooms, one for storage, and two for toilets. The grandparents of the two kids visit often, so when they stay over, they would have a fixed place to sleep.
I have no idea what was up about my blog. Normally, Tim, when you post a comment below my blog posts, I would receive notifications via e-mail, but the weird thing is that I don’t really see any messages even remotely remind me that I have two unreplied comments. Sorry about that.
About the actual location of my house, I think the only effective way would be with the aid of a map, so here it is!

Please take a look at the map. The school of mine sits on the bottom left of the screen. It is about a ten to fifteen-minute walk from Zhongzheng to either the MRT Mingde Station or Zhishan Station. You walk down the road for another thirty minutes or so, you will pass sequentially a Zhongchen Park, a Yunong Elementary School, and a farther Dayeh Department Store. Across the road is the Tianmu Baseball Court, a place often crowded with spectators and ball players. Here’s a close-up map of the part we have gotten to:

On the right side showing green is the aforementioned baseball stadium. See the Shun Chen Bakery on the other side of the road? That is the place where I live! By the way, there is a Café Onion (which, in fact, is a steakhouse to be accurate) by which the lane is where Allison lives; it was so much closer than I originally thought! I would have to ask her which if the fastest way to go from home to school since the closest MRT station is forty minutes away.

This is all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment