Thursday, July 5, 2018

Summer Vacation Day 5: House Hunting and a Post with No Pictures

Hello, Tim!
We have had five days into the summer vacation, and sadly, shamefully, I have not yet set myself into the studying mood. I need to do something about it soon.
I don’t think this will be a long letter, though.
This was the day I went out and checked out the houses with my parents. Let’s see…

7/3, Tuesday
Housing hunting on the first row of our to-do-list again! I wasn’t even a high school student since the last moving, which means this will be the third time I am moving since I was born. From Keelung to Nanshijiao, and to Xindian, and the Tianmu in the near future.
There were two houses that we planned to visit. The first house we went to was, frankly, far from satisfactory. Even excluding the old structure, nothing about the apartment was convenient: There was no balcony for clothes hanging, the planning of the rooms was not ideal for the furniture we were about to move in with us. There was only one bathroom for the whole family, no door or walls that separates the kitchen and the living room, and most importantly, there is no way we will have space for my tall bookshelf.
Now, I had refrained myself not to compare it with the home we live, but with a higher price of monthly rent, I think what my mom, my dad, and I were all looking for someplace better.
The second house on rent was a lot better. It has the same kind of interior planning like the house I am living in: One living room, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a study, an excluded kitchen, and a balcony. The house was almost immaculate as according to our agent, the house was only vacant just a few days ago after their contract with the owner. One small problem is that the apartment is on the fourth floor, but it has no elevator… The place is also incredibly near to the community where Eliza lives (A minute of walking is all it takes) so we still were so tempted and happy with the house.
We all believed it was lucky that we found one ideal place so soon, but my parents still have doubts on the rent that is still quite higher than our current one.
Dad was leaving the day after, but on Friday, Mom and I will be looking at some other houses, just to compare and contrast.
This is all for today, and tomorrow will be my lunch meet-up with Lawrence.



No comments:

Post a Comment