Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Summer Vacation Day 24: Rented and Upset

Hello, Tim!
Today is Sunday, meaning it was a day for math tutoring. Because of the class, I stayed home while mom went house hunting with my cousin and her sister.
Little did I know that I would react quite badly to one shocking news.

7/22, Sunday
I was at home, doing homework, watching TV after my math class. At about four in the afternoon, I texted mom to ask her how the houses she went watching were. I didn’t call her with cell phone, in case she was seeing houses at the moment. Picking up the cell phone at such times can be impolite. Several minutes, I got her reply. The text was a simple half-formed sentence: ‘The deal is made. Signing the contract.’
And then I flipped out. The whole day my left eye was a bloodshot red due to some possible infection so you could say at the moment then I could literally ‘see red’.
Okay, enough with the puns. I didn’t even know I could be so indignant about such a thing. The thing that ticked me off, I believe, was the fact that this was the only single one time I didn’t tag along with Mother to go house searching, and it just happened to be the right one? It just was so upsetting because when such a monumental thing happened, I wasn’t present. Just exactly like the last time, three years ago.
I understand that this is supposed to be good news, meaning that the seemingly endless search for houses had been put to an end, that we will once again be close to our relatives, and with an unrealistic cheap of monthly rent! But I still felt like I should be at the place when all this took place. Instead, I was home, throwing a small pillow around, taking out my anger on it.
My mom came home, and I stated my malcontent with a displeased tone, but her simply saying that she couldn’t have told me earlier because she was so busy kind of calmed me down. I was still upset, but I no longer felt the need to throw something (soft, fluffy, and cotton-filled) across the room.
Yes, we have found a house, which according to my mom, is just a bit smaller than our current. The most important thing is that I would have space for my bookshelf. There is no set furniture so we could move all our movable furniture over. The furniture dilemma has been averted! The place we rented is located just one floor above a bakery, making it the second floor of the apartment.
I couldn’t say I was bouncing up and down with joy because we found a house, but I was looking forward to seeing it with my own eyes when I get the chance.
This is all for today.


2 comments:

  1. Hugo,
    You'll have to send pictures and descriptions as soon as possible. Where, in relation to school and the MRT, is the new house located?

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim,
    Sure thing! I'll put a digital map from Google in my next post.
    Hugo

    ReplyDelete