Monday, July 16, 2018

Summer Vacation Day 16: My Cell Phone and My Grandpa's Phone

Hello Tim!
It is Visit My Grandma Saturday again.
But before all that, something happened.

7/14, Saturday
Half of the functions of my cell phone died.
Not only did the initially mentioned camera kept on playing dead, some applications like the app installer itself, some of my games, Chrome (which is where you go on the Net for help in dire situations like this), etc.
My current cell phone, currently halfway into the grave.

Normally, when my phone breaks, I will launch myself into a small panic attack, like the once when I was in England.
This time, though, with the camera incident, I got something similar to a forewarning, which made this feel like an eventuality, and therefore, the only thing that came to my mind is ‘Well, I think it is time to get a new phone, though that would practically make me broke, as it would use up all my red envelope money and allowance.’ That would mean no new books for me, and that, I believe, is the saddest thing of all.
To prevent a potential meltdown of my phone from destroying all the data I keep in my phone, I decided a temporary borrowed phone is required. I took the chance when I got to the house of my grandma’s, and she gave me a spare one that once belonged to my grandpa, who had stopped using it since he didn’t know how (he’s over ninety already, by the way)
However, I just couldn’t get used to the vastly different formats, and the temporary phone just overheats so easily, but I think this will make do for now.
Quite frankly, I am more or less attached to the cell phone I use now, for this was the first first-hand phone I have, given by my cousin as a birthday gift. Before this phone, there wasn’t one that wasn’t passed own to me, second-hand or even third-hand. This is a special phone to me, but…
This is all for today.





No comments:

Post a Comment