Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Summer Vacation Day 30: Movie (The 3rd Time) and Friends

Hello, Tim!
Today, Mom spent her day with her sisters, while I went out and had fun with my friends

7/28, Saturday
Yesterday when I got back home from the Beijing opera, I borrowed the credit card from my mother and bought movie tickets for three on the Internet. I clearly remembered writing about having a movie date with two of my best middle school friends, Henry (the guy who went all Pokemon Master with me weeks ago) and Daniel. Funny story, we were also in the same elementary school years past, and even though we were all in different classes, we managed to mingle together when we got into the same middle school.

Daniel was in the same class as I was in the first and second year. He’s not a guy you would describe as tall for he really isn’t, but I believe he has a higher IQ than I do. Our strengths in subjects share a vast difference, in which he excels in physics and earth science whereas I live my life buried in languages. He loves anime and video games, so I guess you can also call him an actual nerd, though not in a bad way. As far as I know, he is the owner of a taekwondo black belt, which made him even cooler. Also, he’s the first soul I’ve ever come out to, which he reacted like I was just telling that I was secretly having a crush on someone.
 
Daniel
Henry, in comparison with Daniel, has similar interests in subjects as I do. He’s also a lover of English. However, we are still quite different. He loves the grammar part of the language more than any other aspects. He loves making those sentences that confuse while being grammatically correct; he makes test papers and hands them out to me and some others as a challenge, and I remember the time we spent on the school bus, nagging and arguing with each other about the tests he made. Oh, and I almost forgot to say that we actually met each other for the first time in the English teachers’ office, and since we had a mutual English teacher, we started with a greeting, and the following just went by like flowing water: smooth and natural.
 
Henry
We watched the 13:30 movie, Hotel Transylvania 3, an animation that features monsters from all sorts of monster legends and folklore. The plots were romantic, delightful, and we all enjoyed ourselves in the theater. Had we arranged the movie date a week or two earlier, we would be watching The Incredibles 2, but I don’t think that matters. I just like the time we spend together, especially that our college admission exam is creeping nearer and nearer.
Movie poster

The plush keychain I got from the claw machine at the theater



By the way, since my mom has a better photo-capturing function on her cell phone, I asked her to share some of the pictures she took.
In better quality.



Tomorrow, my uncle will come over to help me bring most of my book over to the new place since the moving company’s fees are determined by the number trucks used, and Mom wants to save money. It is fine with me, for I would really rather have myself handle the books rather than risking them creased.
The boxes inside the picture hold all my books. There are about 426 books inside 15 boxes.

This is all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment