Monday, July 23, 2018

Summer Vacation Day 22: English Mock Test and Bookshelves Packing

Hello, Tim!
Even with such a tight and extenuating schedule, time seems to fly by when it is summer vacation.

7/20, Friday
Today's classes were more relaxing than those of the previous day. There was no math class today! Civics, geography, Chinese, and English were what we had, and they are relatively more welcoming and a bit less intimidating than the monstrous math. After school, I stayed in the air-conditioned classroom to do the mock test for English, which is to be done before the next Monday.
Our standard English in the college admission exams is 100 minutes long in duration, consists of fifty-or-so multiple questions, and there is also a writing section, with two sentences for translation, and a topic for essays.
The writing for this mock test asked us to write a letter to an (imaginary) friend about some (imaginary) accomplishment, congratulate him/her and recount in the letter how (imaginarily) hard had he/she worked to obtain the goal. I generally don’t have the talent named ‘imagination’, which often gets me in a bad position. I tend to get my ideas and thoughts from different places in my life. Personally, it sounds more realistic. This is one of the reasons why every once in a while, I like to go to different places all alone, soak of different things I see. I dare not to say that I immerse in the notion of traveling as much as Melvyn does, but I try my best.
In the evening, I started packing up my books. We haven't even found a right house, I know, but it is always better to be prepared than to be rushing, right? We plan to have the moving company bring all other furniture, but I have no such plans for my books. Four hundred does sound a lot when it is used to count the number of the books I own but for now, I hope that I can bring them all to the new house on my own. I do not wish to let the people from the company have any chance to fracture my books. My mom doesn't seem at all pleased with the idea, putting my once-injured back into account, but I really don't want to take the risk of needing to regret trusting the moving company...

Tomorrow we will keep on with the house search, but we will also go have dinner with Eliza and her family to celebrate the birthday of my aunt.
This is all for today.



No comments:

Post a Comment