Saturday, July 14, 2018

Summer Vacation Day 13: Typhoon Holiday And Plans

Hello, Tim!
Today, it was decided by the government that today would be a typhoon holiday.
However…
The sun shone bright like a normal summer day with moderate weather.

7/11, Wednesday
According to the weather forecast, the typhoon was supposed to go straight through Taiwan, bringing massive rain and possible destruction along its way. For some elaborate and reasons I don’t understand, I took a speedy turn and absolutely ran off-course, and hence the rain-less typhoon holiday.
Sometimes there is just no way you can predict the weather, every once in a while, it would feel like as if the weather wants to mess with us, but every time when inaccurate forecast is made, a lot of people blame the people who made the forecast, but on their account, it isn’t their fault for just telling us what the results of their calculations and mistakes can be made sometimes!
 
Doesn't look typhoon at all, right?
What did I do this day?
Weird, I can’t seem to recall, but I wager it was another day lying on the floor, on the Internet, or eyes glued to the TV, and so on. My only time going out was with mom, after she returned from work, for she wanted to go buy bread for breakfast and dessert for my tutor who would come the next day (though I suddenly remembered that I have a dentist appointment, so it was postponed later on the same day)
This Monday, as I said two posts ago, I went biking, and since I thought I didn’t bike enough, I became determined just now to go biking tomorrow morning, and therefore it meant I needed to go to bed early.
At about twelve in the midnight, I got a text from my middle school friend Henry (a different Henry from the guy in my German class) asking me if I would be free on Thursday, for he wanted to go over to Daan Green Park and was looking for company. I planned to wake up at five thirty and bike all the way to eight thirty, so after that, I would be basically all free, so I obliged and arranged a meet-up with him within five minutes.
The dentist appointment would also be on tomorrow so tomorrow would be very exhausting, but the kind of tiredness that makes me feel active and happy.
This is all for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment