Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Summer Vacation Day 17: Last Day and World Cup

Hello, Tim!
This is the one last day before a five week summer program is launched.
Since I think it is not at all difficult two write a roughly three-hundred-word diary, I reckon I’ll just keep on writing even with all the half-day school going.

7/15, Sunday
Today is still yet another unproductive day, but I think I will need to change the attitude soon or the consequences will come and act badly.
After some two hours of math tutoring, I sat at the corner of the couch, reading novels and watching the TV.
Yet, the highlight of the day didn’t come until eleven at night.
That was the time when the live of the championship of the World Cup started playing on TV!
Considering that I practically have school next day and the match will go on for another one and a half hours and that I wasn’t even a football fan to start with, the rational thing to do was to turn off the telly and prepare myself for a good night’s sleep.
I mean to say that I did none of the above. At first, I only intended to watch the first five minutes, but as five minutes turned into ten, and ten into thirty, thirty to half of the game, and that was when I gave up minding the time. ‘Just shut up and watch.’ I chastised myself.
It was indeed, a nice choice made. France and Croatia fought brilliantly and valiantly to have their hands on the championship trophy. Being still a newbie when it comes to sports spectatorship, I heard that this is the first time in forever in which Croatia made it so high in rank. They swept across the fields in their previous matches, which earned them tons of supporters, including Melody, as I later learned.
Even the live broadcasters were blatantly rooting for Croatia. They praised their team members in the commentaries and spent a deal of time talking about their latest achievements.
I, though, bet and hoped that team France would win the match because… I learn French, and I just love France in general, even though I have yet laid even a toenail on their land. (That and they also have some pretty handsome players ;D ) Every time they scored (which happened four times), I managed to be hyped and cheering crazily while keeping quiet in the meantime. I continuously punched my fist into the air, raising it high whenever the players on Team France scored a goal, and that was when I felt the first surge of a rush of ecstasy when watching sports matches, even when there was none I am acquainted with.

They look so happy!!!

It was an exhilarating sound when the whistle blew the end of the match, and with a final score of 4 to 2, France won home the second trophy of the World Cup.
Four years later, I might be following the next World Cup series like Melody loyally did this year.
This is all for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment