Thursday, July 26, 2018

Summer Vacation Day 25: Breakfast and Eye Doctor

Hello, Tim!
School started once more after the curt two days of weekend days.

7/23, Monday
Today, I woke up with my eyes still red. With that in mind, I decided I had to go to an optometrist for problems like this; It was itching, and I had to refrain myself from rubbing it!
I had breakfast with Candy this morning. We agreed to meet at the metro station at seven, which gives us a maximum of one hour before the class started. Normally, when it is just me and Candy, we talk about all eclectic stuff, from the boring school work to the movie she watched yesterday; from our ranting on wanting to find love (just a hope though :D) and several teasing banters. Still sometimes our time is passed in an utter zero connection with no dialogues at all, but that doesn’t seem to faze us a bit. I’m just happy to have friends like Candy to enjoy time going by together.
'If you are taking a picture of me, please can you do a better job?' She asked.

At school, I told my classmates about my soon-to-come moving. Moving to the new house, I later learned, is practically within five minutes to Allison’s house, and it is also in proximity to Cathy’s and Selena’s place. I know that moving can be nice, but I never thought that the others can get all pumped and excited as well!
After school, I went to the nearest optometrist and sat there waiting for a solid one hour and half, listening to some of the elderly patients mumbling about why it wasn’t their turn yet, looking at kids focus on the small screens of smartphones they hold in their tiny hands (a thing I totally disapprove of). I was reading my novel, trying to ignore the dull throbs of pain in my back for sitting still, maintaining the same position for too long.
My session was only five minutes long, as my doctor informed me that it was the same small infection in the eye I had a while ago, so I was prescribed with the same kind of medical eyedrop and salve as treatment.
Tomorrow, I get to see the place we would be calling house for at least two years in the future, after school. I am so excited to see if it would be as I imagined!

This is all for today.

2 comments:

  1. Hugo,
    Please tell Candy that I think that it's a nice picture. How many tries did it take to get a good picture, or at least one that Candy would allow you to use?

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim,
      This is the second picture I took, and she knows I just post pictures on the blog, and she barely protests; And I agree, it's a nice picture.
      Hugo

      Delete