Thursday, July 19, 2018

Summer Vacation Day 18: Books and School

Hello, Tim!
This is the first day of our summer reviewing program, one that consisted of tons of lessons forgotten in the past, all of which so dense and foreboding.
Yeah, it was a bit dramatic.

7/16, Monday
But before I start with the first school day (in which a lot of lectures are given by the teachers), I want to do an (out-of-routinely) praise for novels and the authors.
I have always admired the writers who have such an amazing conduct on the words they use, building castles out of tiny bricks of words, maneuvering sentences into the form the authors knew would make readers feel. Some writers are fully aware that they have carte blanche when writing about the characters they created. If one wants the characters to be widely loved, he/she uses words that could help us envision a positive figure in our imaginary mind; if the author decided otherwise, one could simply make the character do all the odious office and works of defiance. Some call it manipulative, but I find it fascinating. I particularly adore the authors who can give us a clear picture in our head just by words. I don’t have the barest idea of how to do it now, but I would want to be able to. The odd feeling that buzzing in your heart, your head, the lightheadedness you feel when reading, they are the moments that make one fictional story reality as you have already immersed in the kingdom created by black words on white paper.
You bring books on your journey, they perform magic.

I think I was only babbling, but what I am trying to say is that maybe becoming an author is not my ultimate goal, but I do wish to have the headspace of a story weaver, to have what it takes to be a convincing storyteller.
It hasn’t been a long while since I had to wake up at five thirty in the morning, for I did it on the day I went riding a bike, the only difference is that I went cycling out of my own will, but going to school during summer break? That is probably the #56 thing I want to do.
There wasn’t much pressure in the first day, but from the previews of the coming classes and (oh no) the exams, I don’t think the rest of my summer vacation would be anywhere near comfortable.
Fingers crossed!
This is all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment