Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Summer Vacation Day 11: Nannying and Reading (as always)

Hello, Tim!
There is a typhoon named Maria approaching, and it is expected to hit land tomorrow.

7/9, Monday
The surprising thing in the morning was that I didn’t have sore legs as I thought I would!
Besides picking Sophie up from the British Council summer camp and starting with a Victorian novel, this day was in fact, quite… normal.
Like a typical before-the-typhoon-comes weather, there was no cloud to be seen in the sky, giving the sun full access to beam its deadly ultraviolet onto us.
My mom and I took dear little Sophie to Taipei 101’s food court first since she said she was hungry.
After dropping her at her house, Mom and I went back and carried on with our own business.
The novel I just started reading was a rather short one, with less than a hundred pages, so I think I’ll be able to talk about it tomorrow.
Though short in content, the writing style needs some time and a considerable amount of close reading. There are certainly difficult words, but it was still coherent enough to understand roughly what was going on in the book.
This is all I can muster for today, and I apologize for the unfortunately brief content.


No comments:

Post a Comment